Connectivity is a frustrating issue ... especially when you or one of your group are the one/s being disconnected. We hope this helps. The issue has nothing to do with our server. Our server is designed for double the traffic we have. If it were a server issue, everyone would be having the problem. 99% of the time it is your internet connection. EVEN if you are connected to your email or other programs, Canasta Junction requires a constant connection, so if you have an intermittent service, while you may not notice it in searching the web, you will have a hard time connecting to Canasta Junction. We suggest you speak with your provider or try some of the suggestions below.
My App says "Disconnected, Please Restart"
This is not a glitch of the app. We have more than 3000 people playing the game at any given time and only a very small number can't get online. WE KNOW THAT IF THIS IS YOU OR ONE OF YOUR PLAYERS IT IS INFURIATING! But there are only a few suggestions that we can give to help fix your problem. More often, this happens when your internet connection is not consistently connected. It can happen if the app has been idle for a while, if there is a lot of traffic on your network or if there is an outage in your area. In addition, we now have reports from users that WERE disconnected and FIXED the problem. In many cases, this was due to ANTI-VIRUS software or malware on the computer preventing the access needed for Canasta Junction live games. When fixed ... the problem and disconnects are solved.
Please run a good virus check and malware on your computer and seek advise from a technician to assist with this process. Other things you can try include:
1) Shut down your device and restart
2) Shut down your router and restart Unplug your router, wait 30 seconds and reconnect. EVEN if you are connecting to other internet sites, if your connection drops intermittently, it will disrupt your live game. Resetting the router often helps.
3) Close the App and restart
4) Uninstall the app and reinstall
5) Shut down all other devices that might be on your network
6) Make sure that you are NOT connected to FaceTime, Zoom, House Party, Netflix or other streaming apps at the same time that consume bandwidth
7) If you have a cellular connection, try that instead of your wifi (if that works, it confirms your wifi is the issue)
8) Contact your internet service company and see if they can adjust the settings on your router
9) Try and join at another time
If you are unable to connect, you can still play ACE which does not require a connection.
If we hear of anything else that might help, we will let you know.
Friends Get Online But I Can't
Please read about disconnects on this page. Also note, that people on IPHONES will usually have both Wifi AND Cellular connections. If there IS a problem with their wifi preventing them from getting online on their computer, they often can get online with their phone ... because the phone has a back up connection through cellular service.
Please check virus protection programs to make sure you do not have malware on your computer. This is very often the cause of the disconnects.
I Can't Join A Live Game
You must be LOGGED in to Canasta Junction in order to play a LIVE GAME. If you can't get into a game, first check that you are logged in. If you are, make sure the game name is correct - as they are case sensitive, likewise with the password.
If a game host has NOT given you a password for a game (it is NOT the same as your APP password) and the game has a padlock on it - you will not be able to enter as it is a private game.
If you can't find an open game to join - why not create one yourself!?
See more about PLAYING LIVE HERE